Monday, July 04, 2005

The Lion King: Decomposed

The Lion King
Music by Elton John (and others)
Lyrics by Tim Rice (and others)
Book by Rodger Allers and Irene Mecchi (based on the screenplay by Irene Mecchi, Jonathan Roberts and Linda Woolvertoon)
Notes: I actually have never seen the staged version of "The Lion King", but I have seen the movie and clips on the Tony's. I'm pretty sure that's qualification enough. Anyway, even if I did see the show, I'm sure I could not have come up with anything other than what you are about to read.


ACT I:

RAFIKI: We’re gonna see lions, only in Kenya! (presents Baby Puppet Simba to Animal Puppet Chorus)

ANIMAL PUPPET CHORUS: Lions and tigers only in Kenya! (bow)

YOUNG SIMBA: We’re gonna see tigers

YOUNG NALA: Only in Kenya!

ZAZU: (rolling little birdy eyes) Lions and tigers only in Kenya!

SCAR: (schemes evilly, to hyena minions:) We’ve got Norway.

MUFASA: (falling off cliff:) Kenya!

YOUNG SIMBA: (running away, crying:) Oh, Kenya!

TIMON: Where the giraffes are...

PUMBA: And the zebra!


ACT II:

NALA: Kenya!

RAFIKI: Kenya!

GIANT DEAD MUFASA: Kenya!

SIMBA: (returning home:) Kenya!

SCAR: Kenya! (falls into pit of ravenous hyenas, dies)

SIMBA: (assuming his rightful place as king:) We’re goin’ to Kenya!

ANIMAL PUPPET CHORUS: KENYA BELIEVE IT!

2 comments:

K. said...

LOL! I'm sure this is better than the actual show!

Viv said...

This is hysterical.